2 Apples chopped into small pieces
1 cup Sugar
500 ml Milk
1 teaspoon Butterscotch Essence
4 slices Bread (remove the sides)
200 ml Cream
For Butterscotch Sauce
150 grams Sugar
50 grams Butter
2 tablespoon Water
½ teaspoon Butterscotch Essence
- Boil Milk
- Mix Sugar, Egg and Essence. Add this mixture into the milk.
- Add crushed bread slices and mix.
- Add apple pieces, cream and mix.
- Melt sugar for sauce. Add butter and mix. When sugar has melted put ½ in th epudding bowl and turn the mixture around in the bowl so that it spreads evenly on the sides of the bowl. Let it cool.
- Let the remaining sauce cool to room temparature. Once cooled add it to the milk mixture. Mix well and pour it into the pudding bowl.
- Cover the pudding bowl with aluminium foil and double boil / steam for 25 to 30 minutes. A needle inserted into the mixture should come out clean.
- Cool the pudding in refrigerator.