1/4 cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar for the apple stew.
1teaspoon cinammon powder
1teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup maida (All purpose Flour)
1 cup oats
½ cup cold butter
3 tablespoon granulated sugar for the crumble.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C/360 degree F.
2. Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Add brown sugar and ½ cup granulated sugar to the apple and stew for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Add cinnamonpowder and lemon juice.
5. Pour into a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch baking dish, and spread out into an even layer. Set aside.
6. In a bowl mix together maida, ½ cup oats and 3 tablespoon sugar. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, gently work in the cold butter until pea-sized lumps are formed.
7. Top apples evenly with mixture, sprinkle the remaining oats and bake about 40 to 45 minutes.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Leave a Reply