It’s Mango season!!! That means the best and juiciest varieties of mangoes are readily available. I recently went to a mango fest on Marine Drive, Cochin; loved all the variety of mangoes on display. Here’s a favorite recipe of mine to beat the summer heat and satisfy my sweet cravings.
For the base:
Biscuits – 200 grams (Marie Biscuits or Arrowroot Biscuits)
Unsalted Butter – 70 gms
Paneer – 200 gms
Condensed milk – 400 ml (1 small tin)
Fresh cream – 200 ml
Mango Puree – 400 gms
Sugar – 4 tablespoons
Gelatin – 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
Water – 4 tablespoons to soak gelatin
Gelatin – 1 tablespoon
Water – 2 tablespoon to soak gelatin
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Mango Puree – 1 cup
1. Powder the biscuits in a food processor (or mixer) until finely crushed. Add butter and pulse to combine. Press over the base of an 8 inch spring form pan. Place the pan in the freezer and chill until firm.
2. In a bowl add water and gelatin and mix well. Let it bloom for 5 minutes and then microwave for one minute until the gelatin mixture is completely clear.
3. Grate Paneer. Mix grated paneer, condensed milk and sugar in a bowl. Beat them together until smooth.
4. Peel and puree mangoes. Add fresh cream. Add it into the paneer mixture. To that, add the gelatin mixture and mix well gently with your spatula until everything mixes well.
5. Pour the mixture into the spring foam pan layered with the biscuit base until it reaches to a level on top of which you have space to cover with the glaze. Now place the pan with the cheese cake mixture into the freezer for 30 minutes until firm or wobbly to touch and not sticky.
6. For the glaze, add water in a bowl and to the water add gelatin and let it bloom for 5 minutes. After which microwave the gelatin mixture for 1 minute until clear and then add the mango puree and mix well. Once the cheese cake in the freezer is set nicely, take it out and pour the glaze mixture on top and set it back in the freezer for another 30 minutes until firm.
7. Once its firm enough, you need to remove from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator. The cheesecake is ready to be cut into slices and served.
Leave a Reply