Puttu Kadala is traditional breakfast dish in Kerala.
1 cup Rice Flour
Salt to taste
Warm water to moisten the rice flour
1 cup grated coconut
1. Add salt to the rice flour and mix well.
2. Sprinkle little water at a time and mix the rice flour. Rice flour should be slightly damp at the end of the process.
3. Keep aside the wet flour for 15 minutes.
4. Mix ½ cup grated coconut.
5. You can assemble the puttu flour in the puttu maker by alternating with grated coconut.
6. Steam the puttu in the puttu maker for 10 minutes.
7. Serve hot with Kadala Curry.
Description to be added
1 cup dry black Bengal gram soaked overnight in water.
3/4 cup grated coconut
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoon corriander powder
1/4 teaspoon trmeric powder
2 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon mustard
2 red chilly
4 tablespoon onion chopped (use pearl onion for better taste)
Salt to taste
1. Add turmeric to the soaked Bengal gram and pressure cook.
2. Fry the coconut in 1 tbsp oil over low-medium heat till it is golden brown.
3. Add curry leaves, corriander powder and chilly powder to coconut mix well and take the mixture off the stove.
4. Cool the mixture and grind to a smooth paste.
5. To the cooked Bengal gram add the ground coconut paste and salt to taste. Cook ill the gravy is thick.
6. For tempering heat oil, add mustard. When mustard crackles, add onion, red chilly and curry leaves. Pour the tempering mixture on the cooked Bengal gram.
7. Serve with Puttu